What My Kids Don't Know Hurts Me

What My Kids Don't Know Hurts Me is a blog about parenting.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Reaching a New Summit

We just returned from a family reunion in the Smoky Mountains. On our way there, my son John, 7, said he was worried the mountains would erupt. We told him they're not volcanic, and our vacation didn't involve Tom Hanks or Meg Ryan.




He said, "then why do they call them smoky mountains?" 



John asks a lot of deep questions these days. For example, the other day he asked me, "Why do you wear underwear to work?"

"Because it's professional," I said.

"But sometimes I don't wear underwear," John replied, "and I'm a professional."

"A professional what?"

"A professional kid."

That's what I want to be. A professional kid! Coincidentally, I've learned that my debut thriller novel, Sleep When You're Dead, will be published Oct. 21 by TitleTown Publishing and distributed to a store near you by MidPoint Distribution. 


Coming Oct. 21: Sleep When You're Dead (TitleTown Publishing)
It's a dark mystery that carries the same sense of humor as this blog--What My Kids Don't Know Hurts Me. In the novel, a killer is posing victims as statues to recreate famous paintings, and it's keeping residents of Green Bay up at night. But not narcoleptic reporter Casey Thread. He can't stay awake. When his girlfriend, Elena, disappears from the shadows of a pro football stadium in Green Bay, Casey teams with Nell, an FBI agent, to find Elena before she becomes one of the killer’s statues. The stress of the pursuit exacerbates Casey’s narcolepsy, causing him to suffer sleep attacks at the worst moments. 

My agent, Joel Gotler, represents thriller authors Michael Connelly (the Harry Bosch detective series), Sue Grafton (A is for Alibi alphabet series), and James M. Cain (The Postman Always Rings Twice), and has sold movie rights for films such as CHOCOLAT, L.A. CONFIDENTIAL, IN THE BEDROOM, and LINCOLN LAWYER.

Visit www.ChrisHollenback.com for more info, including a video trailer, a countdown to publication day and pre-order information. Thanks for your support!  

###

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

If you'd like to receive this blog in your e-mail box, please enter your address below (I will never share your address or send spam):


Powered by FeedBlitz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Humor blogs