What My Kids Don't Know Hurts Me

What My Kids Don't Know Hurts Me is a blog about parenting.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thinking With His... Stomach

My five- and seven-year old kids have a new game they love to play. It's called "Something's Changed."

The person who is "It" spins around and the other players try to memorize how the person looks. When the person who's It leaves the room, s/he changes something about his/her appearance. The other players try to guess what has changed.

My wife was It, left the room, removed her socks, and declared, "Something's changed."

My five-year-old son, John, guesses, "You removed your nipple cover!"

He had been referring to her bra, of course, which thankfully was still in place.

My wife flexed her toes and said, "Um, no, that's not it."

I said, "John, this is a FAMILY game. Let's keep it clean."

I have no idea where he gets these notions, any more than I know where the party band LMFAO gets theirs.

Although, in John's case, research may have an explanation. An article in Psychology Today suggests that our moods are determined as much by our stomachs as our brains. Comfort food releases chemicals that make us happy.

That's certainly true for John, who is happiest when he eats. Like the time he giggled while placing a half gallon of milk upside down on the top of his head.

"John!" my wife scolded. "Put that back in the fridge. Where’s your brain?”

John shrugged and, in all seriousness, pointed to his tummy and said, “Here?”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Labels: , , , , , , ,

If you'd like to receive this blog in your e-mail box, please enter your address below (I will never share your address or send spam):


Powered by FeedBlitz

1 Comments:

Blogger Images by Robbie Clay said...

awesome!!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Humor blogs